Student loan debt questions? Get answers now
Whether you want to evaluate your student loan options on your own or prefer getting professional advice and developing a comprehensive plan, we have resources to help you.
- Create your own self-assessment
- Get easy access to an individualized report for making your own repayment choices.
- The eFiscal software uses your data in the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), the Department of Education’s central database for student aid. To do your self-assessment, have your FAFSA pin number available. The cost is $39.95. Link: https://studentdebt.solutions/FISC1
Self-service assessment works best if you:
- Are looking for quick answers
- Have the time and energy to analyze and apply this information to your life
- Have a straightforward financial life with no other debt
Full-service plan with FISC
A FISC-certified credit counselor can help you evaluate your student loan options, assess your complete financial situation and develop a personal plan to repay your debt.
- Complete the online self-assessment for $39.95. The eFiscal software uses your data from the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), the Department of Education’s central database for student aid. Have your FAFSA pin number available. Link: https://studentdebt.solutions/FISC1
- Call FISC at 800-366-8161 to schedule your first appointment. Up to three appointments for $110.
- If you are doing the full assessment, please go to Understanding your Debt and tell us more about your situation.
Full-service plan is best for people:
- Who want to evaluate all of their debt, including student loans, car loans and credit cards and develop an overall plan
- Whose busy lives make it difficult to find time to sort through their student loan options
- Who recognize that professional advice which helps them move forward with their lives is a great value
FISC student loan debt counseling can help you …
- Organize your student loan and other financial information
- Reduce the total cost of your loans
- Set realistic short- and long-term goals
- Develop a spending plan that fits your life
- Have more peace of mind
FISC financial counselors understand that student loans can feel frustrating and overwhelming. Watch this video of FISC counselor Pete Spaeth.
Experience: We understand the pros and cons of repaying debt quickly or stretching out payments to fit your budget.
Confidential: We help you resolve your financial concerns quietly and confidentially.
Nonprofit: We are accredited, licensed by the state of Wisconsin and have served clients for more than thirty years.