Education Disclosure Statement
You must accept the Education Disclosure statement by clicking “I Accept” at the bottom of this page before taking the online course.
1. I understand the provider, FISC, is approved to issue certificates evidencing completion of a personal financial management instruction course in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of a Provider’s services.
2. I understand that promptly upon completion of the approved program I will be granted a Certificate of Completion. I understand it is my responsibility to get my Certificate of Completion to my attorney.
3. I understand, at some time in the future, my information may be used for confidential research and/or I may be contacted for the purpose of evaluating these services.
4. I hold FISC, its employees, parents, agents and volunteers harmless from any claim, suit, action, or demand of my creditors, myself, or any other person resulting from advice, education, or counseling.
5. I understand that FISC charges a fee of $25 per person for the pre-discharge bankruptcy education class. Before you register, we will ask about your current gross income and family size. We will automatically waive the fee if the client’s household current income is less than 150% of the poverty guidelines updated periodically in the Federal Register by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under the authority of 42 U.S.C.9902(2), as adjusted from time to time, for a household or family of the size involved in fee determination. If you are taking the course online, please call us at 800-366-8161 for your voucher number so you can complete your free online process.
Interpreters are provided upon request when needed for non-English speakers and the hearing impaired at no cost. There is no fee for generating certificates. FISC does not receive or pay any referral fee for the referral of students to FISC.
6. FISC does not disclose information about students, except as required. For example, we may share information with the United States Trustees during their oversight, investigation of a complaint, during on-site visits, or if required during a quality of service review.
7. FISC has been approved by EOUST to provide the counseling and education to clients in the state of Wisconsin. Approval by EOUST does not endorse or assure the quality of a provider’s services. EOUST has not reviewed other instructional services. The EOUST has reviewed only the agency’s counseling/instructional services and no other service our agency may provide.
8. Students receive certificates only if they complete the course. No one is turned away if they cannot afford to pay. Instructors are certified as credit counselors by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling or have worked a minimum of six months in personal finance, budgeting, credit or debt management.
By clicking the button below, I understand each provision above and wish to proceed to the online registration portal to register for the course. I also understand that I am being redirected to a website not maintained by FISC, or Goodwill Industries of North Central Wisconsin, Inc.